UK Tech-Fest is a technical, progressive metal festival held at Newark Showground, Lincoln Road, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2NY
- You must only use cooking stoves (disposable barbecues, hexi stoves and gas) on the gravel area, not on the grass
- You are welcome to bring you own food and alcohol to the venue/campsite, but there are also a wide variety of food vendors and bars at the venue. Please note that there is an alcohol restriction of one crate of lager, ale or cider plus one bottle of spirits or wine per person in non-glass containers.
- We do not allow open fires on site.
- We do not allow any glass bottles. Security will confiscate any bottles found on arrival.
- If you do not have a camping pass you will need to leave the venue when the After Party finishes (2am)
- No dogs, excluding guide dogs, are allowed on-site.
- We do not allow vehicles in the campsite, unless they belong to crew or an emergency vehicle, or are pre-arranged camper van or vehicles belonging to disabled attendees.
- If you wish to bring a camper van, please purchase a camper van pass. Each person sleeping in the vehicle must have a full weekend camping ticket. Once onsite you will not be able to leave the site until Monday. Please contact us if you are planning on bringing your camper van.
Newark Showground has disabled access toilets. The site is flat and all the paths around the site are suitable for wheelchair use. Please visit their site to read more about the site’s facilities.
Any disabled persons with a ticket will have their personal assistant go free. We can also arrange a separate camping area so you can camp next to your car and have easy access to the festival. To arrange a personal access pass, separate camping facilities or if you have any other queries please contact us.
Security or Stewards will be your first point of contact for first aid. They will have direct contact to the Newark Community First Aiders at all times.
The Newark Community First Aiders are located in the centre of the campsite. They will be onsite through the entire event. During the event you can contact them directly 24/7 on 07811 390359
UK Tech-Metal Fest was founded on the 28th August 2011, based on the vision of creating a festival centred around musical innovation, creativity and diversity. The festival focuses on technical, progressive metal music and was created in order to give the best upcoming bands in this sub-genre a platform to play alongside some of the most talented acts from around the rest of the world.
UK Tech-Fest is a metal festival where the bands and fans are able to integrate, network and share the passion of music together.
Due to health and safety issues, we do not allow ticket holders to bring tripods, or any kind of professional camera or lighting equipment.
If you are taking photos or filming around the site please respect people’s privacy. Some people may not want to have their image taken. If you would like to be added to our official media list please contact: [email protected]
Any other queries please contact us.
Opening and Closing Times
Doors will open to the public at 10am on Thursday 4th July and the first band will start at 12pm. All festival goers must leave the site by 12pm on Monday 8th July.
Doors open at 10am every day for day ticket holders. Weekend tickets/campers can come and go all weekend at any time. Visit our ticket page to get your tickets.
- Wristbands must be kept on at all times while you are at the festival.
- We do not tolerate any abusive or threatening behaviour and you will be expelled from the festival immediately.
- On arrival Security will be checking for and confiscating various items. These include, but are not limited to: drugs, excessive amounts of alcohol, weapons, marker pens and spray cans.
- In the event of an Emergency, please notify the nearest Security/Steward.
- Please report any Thefts or Assaults to the nearest Security/Steward immediately.
- We recommend attendees download the app: citizenAID. The app has excellent advice and information about what to do in the event of an emergency.